One such company, a billion dollar Shanghai conglomerate, came to Los Angeles in February 2015 to discuss investment opportunities and a potential merger/acquisition. While plans for a merger/acquisition are currently off the table, the companies have initiated working together and are doing so on a project by project basis.
The Board has recently taken the following actions:
1. BSEG will establish two new divisions: Big Screen Pictures will be responsible for film production and distribution.
2. Big Screen Education Center will initiate with the Chinese Creative Culture Organization and California State University several film-training classes for foreign students. The first session is already underway.
3. In renewed efforts to build financial health and promote growth, BSEG is in active discussions with domestic and international investors.
4. BSEG's new division, Big Screen Pictures has begun development on three new films with another large, established Chinese Film company.
5. In addition, Big Screen Entertainment Group wishes to thank Stephen Eckelberry and Michael Manasseri for their contributions as BSEG Board of Directors for the last 8 years. Mr. Eckelberry 's and Manasseri's departure from the Board leaves two (2) Board Seats available, creating a positive financial/affiliation environment. Mr. Eckelberry and Mr. Manasseri will continue to work with Big Screen Pictures on future productions as part of the new division, Big Screen Pictures, dedicated to film production.
BSEG Chairman Jimmy Jiang, stated, "Many new commercial, big budget projects are now happening for BSEG. Plus, we have many additional films in active development with China. The future of BSEG working with China shines very bright."
ABOUT BIG SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT - Big Screen Entertainment (BSEG) is a leading entertainment company with a diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, family entertainment, education, digital distribution and international sales. www.bigscreenent.com
Forward-Looking Statements: A number of statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties, including timely development, and market acceptance of products and technologies, competitive market conditions, successful integration of acquisitions and the ability to secure additional sources of financing. When used in this press release, words such as "could," "plan," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "potential," "should," and similar expressions are forward-looking statements.